This coming Sunday is a big deal in America (to some). It’s the day when some sportsball team plays another sportsball team in a battle to the death! Ok, maybe there is no literal killing involved but it’s supposedly a showdown of epic proportions that only men wearing tight pants and huge fake shoulders could pull off.
Yeah, it’s Super Bowl Sunday & if you haven’t guessed by now I could give a rat’s ass about football. BUT! I do like the commercials and of course the Puppy Bowl and most of all…the FOOD! If it were up to me I’d fast forward through the sportsball to the commercials and the puppies (because, puppies!) while drinking beer and eating all the food.
Luckily no one is going to force me to watch this year, but I do have a pretty snazzy (ahem, I mean manly) recipe to share that will delight sports fans and people who don’t give an eff alike!
If you know me at all, you know I like easy. The more ingredients and steps in a recipe, the less likely I am to make it. I have a long commute, I work over 40 hours a week, so for me – time is of the essence. Plus, I’m lazy…but let’s focus on the work excuse mmmkay? These little bite size BBQ meatball sliders are quick to throw together but still look kinda fancy so you’re friends will definitely be impressed. If they aren’t, maybe you should rethink your choice in friends! Just sayin. You deserve the best.
Throw these BBQ beauties together in about 30 minutes or less and you’ll have all the time left in the world to kick back, drink beer and watch puppies frolicking (or football, I guess). The recipe below makes 8 sliders so feel free to adjust accordingly depending on the size of your gathering.
Happy sportsballing y’all!
BBQ Sliders with Cucumber Radish Slaw
By January 26, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Sliders
Bite size vegan BBQ meatball sliders with a cool cucumber radish slaw.
- 8 Vegan Meatballs
- 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 CUP BBQ Sauce
- 8 Mini Buns
- 1 CUP Cucumber Small dice
- 1/2 CUP Radish Small dice
- 2 TBSP Vegan Mayo
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Cilantro
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small to medium sauce pan over med-hi heat. Add meatballs and cook until lightly browned (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add BBQ sauce to pan and stir so the meatballs are covered. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, throw together the slaw by combining the cucumber, radish, mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic powder, dried cilantro, salt & pepper in a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon 1-2 TBSPs of the slaw onto each mini bun bottom, top with meatball and hold together with a toothpick if needed.