One uninspired evening I casually wandered into the grocery store down the street; with no plan in mind I found myself in front of the vegan foods section staring at a package of Beyond Meat. I’d been hearing all the buzz around this miracle meat alternative for awhile now and was super curious to try it out. Given my massive amount of love for tacos and any variation I can spin them in, inspiration struck. Yup, you guessed it, I was going to experiment with this chicken-like substance and turn it into some tasty frickin tacos.
Remembering the awesome video I had watched earlier that day of J-Wro making mango salsa I decided to make my own salsa concoction to adorn my taco creation. The results I tell ya, were outrageous (in the best way possible). I may or may not have secretly given myself a well deserved pat on the back for this meal. Crazy flavorful and chock full of fresh organic ingredients, I was a champ in the kitchen that night.
Beyond Meat Tacos with Peach Avocado Salsa Recipe
By August 22, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 tacos
Spicy Beyond Meat Tacos with Homemade Peach Avocado Salsa
- 6 Organic Corn Tortillas Warmed
- 1 packed Beyond Meat Cubed
- 1 cup Veggie Broth
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion Granules
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- pinch salt
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Small Avocados Diced
- 1 Peach Peeled & Diced
- 6 Strawberry Tomatoes Quartered
- 2 TBS Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 can Organic Black Beans
- In a large sauce pan mix together the veggie broth, lemon juice and spices. Stir in Beyond Meat chunks until well coated. Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- While "chicken" is cooking, combine onion, garlic, avocado, peach, tomatoes, lime juice & cilantro in a large bowl and mix until all ingredients are combined. Cover and chill in the fridge until the tacos are ready.
- Heat black beans over the stove until hot.
- Spoon Beyond Meat & black beans into warmed corm tortilla and top with a heaping helping of salsa.