Recently my husband has been into cooking (hallelujah!). I guess all I had to do was go away for a week and let him fend for himself to spark the inspiration! The other night he even went grocery shopping on his way home from work and we came up with these spicy Mexican stuffed peppers. They came out pretty awesome.
Vegan Mexican Stuffed Peppers
By July 11, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Recipe for vegan stuffed peppers with quinoa, black beans & soyrizo. Great spicy Mexican inspired flavors in a neat little edible cup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 package soyrizo
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 can organic black beans drained & rinsed
- 4 large bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat oil in large sauté pan and cook mushrooms with garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Add in soyrizo and beans and continue to cook until everything is heated through. Add in cooked quinoa and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cut off tops of peppers and clean out the seeds. Stuff peppers with the soyrizo mixture and top with tomatoes.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and add a thin layer of water to it (this helps keep the peppers moist in the oven). Place peppers on sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until they start to get soft.