I’m not going to lie to y’all. I have been eating horribly for the past few weeks. I started eating gluten again, which immediately made me feel bloated and disgusting. Most of my meals consisted of crackers or bread. Maybe some nuts. Not a veggie or fruit to speak of. Needless to say I came down with a horrible cold last week and that’s when I knew I had to get back on track and start taking care of myself again. What’s the best health care? Food, of course!
My first meal back on the health wagon was this delicious stir-fry over quinoa. This was my maiden voyage using coconut aminos and I tell ya, I’m hooked! What the heck are coconut aminos, you ask? Well, my friend, it is a lovely and light sauce made from coconut tree sap that you can use in replace of soy sauce or tamari. It is packed with antioxidants, soy free and has much less sodium than soy sauce. Goodness all around. Go out and get yourself some. Now.
After this hearty nutritious meal I immediately felt better and I could actually hear my immune system thanking me.
What are your favorite “get healthy” meals?
Quinoa Vegetable Stir-fry Bowl
By August 29, 2013Published:
Healthy delicious bowl filled with organic quinoa, stir fried veggies and coconut aminos topped with fresh pear and pine nuts.
- 1 cup Red Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 cup Green Beans Chopped
- 1 cup Baby Bellas Chopped
- 2 Small Yellow Squash Sliced
- 3 Small Japanese Eggplant Sliced
- 1 cup Kale Chopped & Massaged
- 3 TBS Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Pear Sliced
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Heat veggie broth in a large skillet or wok. Add garlic and green beans. Cook until they start to get tender.
- Add mushrooms, squash & eggplant and continue to cook until all veggies soften and liquid has mostly evaporated/absorbed.
- Stir in kale and coconut aminos and continue to stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Layer quinoa and veggies into a big bowl. Garnish with pine nuts and sliced pear.