This delicious cold quinoa salad is perfect for a warm summer evening with a glass of chilled white wine or a cold beer. It’s simple to put together yet it looks beautiful and has a nice clean flavor. The best part is it’s cruelty and gluten free so it’s a great guiltless dish to bring to a potluck or BBQ.
*Cook the quinoa and broccoli at least 2 hours before so they have time to chill in the fridge.
What you will need:
2-3c Tri-color quinoa (about 1c uncooked)
3/4c beets, diced (I buy mine already steamed & peeled cuz that’s how I roll)
1/2c black olives, diced
1 zucchini, diced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder (my fresh garlic had gone bad, feel free to use that instead)
2c mixed greens (I used kale, chard & spinach)
1 avocado, sliced
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. While quinoa is cooking, lightly steam broccoli until it just starts to get tender, about 5-6 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then chop into small pieces. Transfer quinoa & broccoli to a large bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
3. Add diced beets, black olives, zucchini and lemon juice to the bowl and combine thoroughly.
4. Season to taste with salt, pepper & garlic powder.
5. Scoop salad onto a bed of fresh greens, garnish with sliced avocado and a drizzle of balsamic.