If you’re a regular follower of this blog you may have come to realize that I’m a huge fan of pasta as demonstrated here and here. I love making variations of these dishes because, let’s face it, they are easy, delicious and you can do so many different things with it and never get bored (maybe that’s just me?).
It’s a common occurrence in my life for lunchtime to roll around and, with a growling stomach, realize I have nothing planned to eat. Most days I’ll just snack on nuts or fruit or possibly leftovers from the night before, but this particular day I wanted something more. A quick inventory of what I had on hand brought me to this dish. Simple, fresh flavors made this pasta a standout, especially the addition of one of my favorite herbs ever – cilantro. Yum indeed.
This was also my first experience with Strawberry Tomatoes and I must say they were pretty spectacular, sweet & tangy with that beautiful bold dark red color. Exquisite!
I sat on my little patio, warm sun in my face, enjoying my creation while gazing at the Hollywood Hills. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
Tomato Cilantro Pasta
By August 12, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Gluten-free pasta paired with fresh tomatoes, cilantro and garlic.
- 1 8 oz package Gluten free pasta
- 6 Strawberry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic pressed
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Avocado Sliced
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain & rinse pasta and return to pot over low heat.
- Add in olive oil, garlic and tomatoes and stir continuously to heat ingredients for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and season with salt & pepper.
- Garnish with sliced avocado.