It’s Friday night y’all!!! You know what that means??? Damn skippy – it’s cocktail night!! I’ve decided that every Friday night for the month of September I am making and sharing with all of you a delectable healthy cocktail made with the amazing VeeV Açaí Spirit. This is stepping away from my regular Vegan MoFo theme of cheap gluten-free meals, but c-mon, it’s FRIDAY NIGHT, cut me some slack.
VeeV** is the world’s first certified carbon neutral spirit made from sustainably harvested açaí. Their distillery is the only one in the U.S. to use wind power and the company gives 1% of their sales to rainforest conservation. All in all it’s a great product to support and most importantly it makes a damn tasty cocktail!
Ok…on to the good stuff!
I had some cilantro left over from the pesto I made earlier in the week and figured I could do a twist on a classic mojito by using cilantro instead of mint and add a little pineapple juice as well (I like my drinks a bit sweet yo)! I was a little nervous as I am definitely no where close to being a mixologist, but I hit the nail on the frickin head with this one! So light and refreshing and the flavors were spot on! Who knows, maybe I have a new profession in my future…
I’ve very recently become obsessed with making my own infused simple syrups and I made a cilantro version earlier in the day so it was ready for the evening cocktail extravaganza!
Check out the recipe below – mix yourself up a tasty beverage and then tell me how you like it in the comments!
**VeeV is made with wheat which means it is NOT gluten-free, so if you have an intolerance, you can substitute this for a different spirit.
Pineapple Cilantro Mojito
By September 7, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 cocktails
A twist on a classic mojito using cilantro, pineapple juice and Veev Açaí Spirit.
- 1 CUP Filtered Water
- 1 CUP Vegan Cane Sugar
- 3 HANDFULS Cilantro Divided
- 2 TBSP PIneapple Juice
- 3 OZ VeeV Açaí Spirit
- 1 CUP Club Soda or Seltzer Water
- 1 Lime
- 2 Pineapple Chunks For garnish
- For the simple syrup (make this a couple hours before you plan on drinking): Bring 1 cup water to boil and slowly stir in sugar until it is completely melted. Remove from heat and add 2 handfuls cilantro. Smash the cilantro a bit with a wooden spoon to release the flavor. Poor into an air tight container (such as a mason jar) and store in the fridge. This will keep for about a week.
- Grab two glasses and split the remaining handful of cilantro between the them. Add 1TBSP of the cilantro simple syrup to each glass and muddle the cilantro.
- Add 1 TBSP of pineapple juice, 1 1/2 oz of Veev and 1/2 cup club soda into each glass.
- Slice the lime in half (I then took a very thin slice off each end to float in the glass because it's pretty, but that is completely optional) and squeeze the juice into the glasses.
- Give it a quick stir, garnish with pineapple. Clink your glasses together, then DRANK!